ACU – SHORT ULTRA TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIP
CTMRA – LONG DISTANCE MOUNTAIN RUNNING CHAMPIONSHIP
Be sure to read the athlete guide to know all the details : Click Here
CONSULT THE PRELIMINARY START LIST (last update 2020/09/18) : CLICK HERE
Request to change your start wave : CLICK HERE
52 km – 2300m D+
Mestachibo – Mont-Sainte-Anne
Discover this epic race course in the middle of the colour season. A once in a life time opportunity.
Start from Saint-Tite des Caps true the splendid but brutal Mestachibo trail. Followed by two ascents and two descents of Mont-Sainte-Anne. To finish with a 21 km loop on the northern trails of MSA.
→ Distance: 52.4 KM
↑ Positive gain: +2300 m (+7775 ft)
↓ Negative lost: -2510m (-8234 ft)
Number of feed zone : 4
Technical difficulty: 4/5
Mid pack estimated time : 08:30:00
Men course record : 05:05:08 (Olivier Collin, CAN, 2019)
Women course record : 06:43:57 (Sabrina Bellier, CAN, 2019)
Start time : 7h30 a.m.
Max time allowed : 12:00:00
Finisher ITRA points: 3
(Click on the image to enlarge)
RACE COURSE MAP
Mandatory gear for QMT 50 special edition
Race commissioners will be on the course and could gear check any participant during the race. Failure to show any of the mandatory items listed below will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Two medical masks or one reusable face mask. Note that scarves and tube scarves cannot replace face masks. Failure to carry a face mask = disqualification.
- Hand sanitizer. Failure to carry hand sanitizer = disqualification;
- Survival blanket of at least 1.4 m x 2 m (4.6 ft. x 6.6 ft.). Failure to carry a survival blanket = disqualification;
- Capacity to carry at least 1 liter of water – if missing = 30 minutes penalty;
- Sufficient food to fuel you for the entire event. There will be significantly less food available in feed zones this year;
- Drinking container or silicone glass (no disposable glasses available at feed zones);
- Tube scarf or beanie to cover your head. If missing = 30 minutes penalty ;
- Waterproof jacket. If missing = 30 minutes penalty.
Cell phones are not mandatory but highly recommended to carry.
*Please note that any two missing items will lead to immediate disqualification.
Unfortunately, due to sanitary conditions, there will not be any drop bag service this year. We cannot return your gear to the finish line. You may ask your family and friends to do so for you.
Hands must be sanitized before entering a feed zone. We will make two dispensers available at each feed zone. We know this will require more time but this step is mandatory for all.
Runners must go through all feed zones to allow for mandatory bib control. A participant whose bib was not checked could be disqualified.
Individual fuel packets including a granola bar, candy, Fruit 2, water and Electro2 electrolytes will be available at feed zones. Please allow for volunteers to hand you the packet. Note there will not be any soda at feed zones since dispensing it requires too much handling. Plan accordingly.
Food and beverage in aid stations :
- Fruits 2 (candy),
- water and Electro2 (electrolytes)
In addition, vegetable broth, ginger and tea will be available at Mont-Sainte-Anne aid station.
Registration is required via the Shuttle reservation form. We recommend all those who can get to the start at Saint-Tite-des-Caps on their own to do so in order to limit the amount of people taking shuttles (271 ROYALE AVE, Saint-Tite-des-Caps, QC G0A 4J0).
We sincerely appreciate all those who can coordinate this with their families and friends.
For those who can’t get to the start by their own means of transportation, pre-registration to take a shuttle is required, All shuttles start from Mont-Sainte-Anne. Wearing a mask inside the shuttle is mandatory, so is washing your hands before and after getting onboard. Please follow any additional instructions given by personnel onsite carefully.
- Poles are not allowed in the Mestachibo section (KM 0 to KM 20). They are however permitted from the Mont-Sainte-Anne feed zone to the finish.
- There is a 1.5 km paved road section right at the start that bottlenecks at the trail entry. Please keep a safe 2-meter distance with the runner in front of you.
- Do not underestimate the Mestachibo section. This part of the race is very technical and usually takes more time to complete than we imagine it could.
- When passing a runner ahead of you, we ask you to politely alert the runner of your intentions in order to allow for sufficient space to be made between both runners.
- In addition, we ask that you wait to pass in sections where it is possible to keep at least a meter’s distance, ideally two.
- Try keeping a 2-meter distance with all runners as much as possible throughout the race.
- Spitting, sniffing and evacuating mucus at less than 10 meters from another runner is not allowed.
- Racing bib must be worn in front at all times.
All Canadian citizens are admissible to winning both Canadian Ultra Trail and Long-Distance Canadian Champion titles.
Male and female cash prize
First position: $ 500.00 (or invitation to Swiss Canyon Trail 2021)
Second position: $ 300.00
Third position: $ 200.00
All QMT 50 finishers will receive a special edition of our famous beer mug normally given to 110 km finishers.
FORM list – ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST 2020 AT 23H59
➔ Commitment to Follow Sanitary Guidelines (Mandatory)